1. I like chewing bones. Really gnawing them, then spitting them out on my plate. But I'm not really Chinese because I don't spit them directly on the tablecloth.
2. I wear slippers. In the house. But sometimes I forget to take them off when I go outside. Now that I think of it, that's actually very Chinese.
3. I take a thermos of oolong tea to the park. But I'm not really Chinese because I can't see the attraction of drinking tea out of a plastic tupperware container or an old coffee jar with a screwtop lid.
4. I have started to use chopsticks for eating almost everything, and for spaghetti, I prefer them to a fork.
5. I can still act truly shocked and exclaim 'tai guai le!' 'too expensive!' when told that the item I've always wanted is less expensive than I could dream possible.
Labels: food, tea